We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Project Engineer to join our team in the Maldives. This position offers an excellent platform to improve your skills and knowledge in the project management and engineering.
Successful candidates will become part of our team to manage resort development projects and coastal development projects.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to analyze and processing data.
- Thinking creatively to resolve practical planning and development problems;
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) and other IT software to interpret data and present information;
- Team player;
- Requirements Analysis and Design Skills,
- Process Improvement,
- Technical Understanding,
- Safety Management,
- Excellent motivation and self-organization;
- Project Management – The ability to handle responsibility;
- Ability to work independently;
- Documentation Skills – able to use word processing and spreadsheet packages;
- Oral and written communication skills (English IELTS band 5.0 or equivalent);
- Ability to work proactively;
- Copes well under pressure to achieve deadlines;
- The capacity to identify problems quickly and to offer solutions;
The salary is negotiable and will be based on the skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
- Survey & Mapping
- Project Location(s):
- Job Type:
- Project Engineer
- Diploma level or equivalent in Surveying
- not specified